Choosing the best foods during your pregnancy is not only critical to your babies health, but yours as well. Pregnancy vitamins are the key to a happy and healthy pregnancy and will have a very strong impact on your babies health when he/she comes out of the womb. Certain pregnancy vitamins and minerals are essential for a fetus’s growth such as Protein, folic acid, Calcium, Iron and Vitamin D. Although there are numerous other vitamins and minerals needed to help the baby grow and function properly, these are the main substances that will turn your fetus into a happy, healthy, bouncing baby. Below are the best 10 foods for your Pregnancy Diet.
Super Foods for Pregnant Mom
- Quality protein is essential in your pregnancy to help the fetus gain fatty cells to their fragile bodies.
- Eating eggs will give you and your baby a significant amount protein to help speed up the process.
- Salmon is one of the best pregnancy super foods and has a strong source of Omega 3 and protein that will help add to your daily protein intake that is needed in your diet.
- Beans not only contain a high amount of protein, but also contains fiber which is very beneficial to minimizing your chance of hemorrhoids and constipation that you may or may not experience throughout your pregnancy.
4. Whole Grain Foods
- Foods that are made up of whole grain contain lots of fiber, vitamin E and selenium which all have significant nutritional value to the best diet for pregnant women.
5. Fruits and Veggies
- Each color group of fruits and vegetables contain different vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Mix up your colors every so often to get new health benefits from each color group.
6. Lean Meats
- Lean meats are an excellent source of protein for you and your baby.
- Be cautious and stay away from deli meats as they can contain certain bacteria’s such as Listeria that can harm your baby.
7. Greek Yogurt
- As Calcium is critical to your babies growth and your health, Greek yogurt will give you exactly what you need to accomplish this health goal.
- Avocados are another great additive to pregnancy super foods and are loaded with folic acid and contains other healthy vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
- Nuts contain copper, manganese, magnesium, selenium, zinc, potassium and vitamin E. All of which are extremely important to maintaining you and your babies great progress.
10. Dried Figs
- Although it may not sound delightful, dried figs are a great source of calcium and fiber.
- There are numerous recipes online that you can find that involves dried figs into your meal plan.