There are many healthy foods for your bones that are available. We all know that foods with calcium are very important in providing healthy bones. Also its important to eat foods for strong bones. So, you ask yourself how to get healthy bones? The foods you eat plays a major role, and so we look at some of the foods that promotes healthy strong bones.
List of Foods for Healthy Bones
1. Omega 3 fats are an excellent source for providing calcium and strong bones. These can be your salmon, sardines, tuna, flounder, and trout. Its also found in hemp, flax, Lingonberry, and Kiwi.
2. Another healthy foods for your bones are foods with calcium. Its known that foods for strong bones are loaded with calcium. So, you ask yourself how to get healthy bones? Is to include foods with calcium in your diet.
3. Cheese is important be it cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, goat cheese, Parmesan or any other kind of cheese most cheeses are loaded with calcium.
4. Dried herbs are also a good source of calcium such as rosemary, oregano,dried basil,parsley, poppy seed, and sage to name a few.
5. Tofu is also a good source of calcium
6. Some nuts like almond, Brazilian nuts, and sesame seed kernels are a good source of calcium
7. Beans also have a significant source of calcium that prompts healthy strong bones.
- Pinto beans
- Navy beans
- Black beans
- White beans
8. We must also look at our green leafy vegetables in promoting strong healthy bones. If you include a daily intake of green leafy vegetables such as
- Mustard greens
- Collard greens
- Black strap molasses
- Chili Powder
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Fireweed Leaves
- Lotus Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Soy products
In all, it is important to include your daily amount of calcium in your diet to promote healthy and strong bones. Its okay to think out side of the box and add some of the non conventional foods to your diet